Quest Group is an IT Staffing Firm, headquartered in Atlanta, GA. We share a passion for improving the world by connecting IT professionals with meaningful opportunities. This means we are passionate about partnering with you to enhance your career and opportunities, at all levels. To do so, we partner with reputable companies nationwide to present you with contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent employment opportunities. One of these opportunities is described below:
The Senior Business Systems Analyst provides guidance, leadership, and execution of business analysis and related project initiatives for the development of custom-developed applications. This individual works on multiple, technically complex, mission-critical, and/or high-profile projects and this position requires a blend of project management, business analysis, and project consultant experience. The Business Analyst position is a client-facing role that supports the entire software development lifecycle for the trafficking portfolio.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently work with project management and senior management to facilitate communication between IT and business units, including open issues, project prioritization, resolutions, project requests, and resource allocation.
- Facilitate cooperation and rationalization of unclear or conflicting goals, assist in identifying and communicating viable alternatives and assist in the implementation of decisions.
- Using advanced business unit knowledge, proactively research requests for assistance and recommend software solutions or process improvements that will meet business needs. Identify implicit, unstated or unrecognized business needs and assist client in determining if building software, process reengineering or other technology options may (or may not) but the most desirable solution.
- Facilitate the prioritization or feasibility of solutions and make recommendations to the client and management that will not only provide short-term success but also support the accomplishment of long-term business goals.
- Provide guidance, task direction, and mentoring to other Business Analysts and assist with problem resolution across projects.
- Facilitate analysis meetings with customers to determine and prioritize their business and system requirements for specific projects.
- Document and analyze requirements in User Stories that include relevant detailed data, functional design, and document specifications, and assist with conversion, testing, training and other project needs throughout the development life cycle.
- Perform process and/or data modeling and create entity relationship and application workflow diagrams. Coordinate with QA and Developers to manage data conversion including analysis of existing data, implementation of the conversion process and data verification.
- Perform walkthroughs and/or prototype demonstrations. Facilitate meetings in support of project teams and customers. Develop meeting agendas, minutes, and subsequent communication documents.
- Manage project scope definition, cost/benefit analysis, and iteration-project plan.
- Provide documentation for ACE requests for Finance project documentation.
- Provide analysis task time estimates as required.
- Provide weekly and monthly project status documentation to be reviewed by AMPT leadership and Executive project stakeholders and sponsors.
- Serve as an escalation point for production support. Work with project team to identify and research problem trends and work with internal or external subject matter experts to correct and proactively prevent further problems by recommending and/or implementing bug-fixes, application enhancements, customer training, business process changes or other measures.
- Partner with Training Managers to understand training curriculum and assist as needed with scheduling, facilitating, support for workshops and UAT.
- Document questions, feedback and new feature requests during new system implementation training.
- Prepare application release notes and distribute them to the customer and to senior management as needed.
- Support the development team and QA by ensuring that all User Stories have completed customer
- Acceptance Criteria to assist with test case development.
- May run, create or assist in the preparation of system reports to provide information to the client.
- May document new report requirements and work with the Business Intelligence team to prioritize work.
- Communicate regularly with senior team members regarding task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels or business processes. Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels.
Qualifications: Minimum work experience:
- 5+ years as the lead Business Analyst building custom-developed software. Media experience preferred.
- 5+ years demonstrated ability as the lead Business Analyst on at least 2 large custom-developed applications, including responsibility for Project Management and Business Consultant tasks.
- Ownership of 3+ system implementations through the complete project life cycle for a custom developed the application.
- Applied experience with SQL and.Net
- Demonstrated use of Agile or Kanban methodology for a full life-cycle development project. Scrum-master certification preferred.
- Applied experience with client-server architecture, web application development, relational databases, and queries.
- Functional management experience on a large development team.
- Advanced skills using the MS Office suite and process modeling tools (e.g., Visio).
- Bachelor Degree CIS, MIS, BBA or equivalent Competency Assessment:
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated proactive customer service.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Advanced communication skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
- Ability to work independently. Self-starter.
- Ability to work effectively with a large team of people, working toward the same goal.