JAAMS System Engineer - Senior
In a world where the digital revolution is increasingly transforming our lives, Gemalto’s end-to-end security solutions are designed to make personal digital interactions more convenient, safe and enjoyable. Our activities range from the development of software applications through the design and production of secure personal devices such as smart cards, SIMs, e-passports and tokens, to the deployment of managed services for our customers.
More than 1 billion people worldwide use our products and services for telecommunications, financial services, e-government, identity and access management, multimedia content, digital rights management, IT security, mass transit and many other applications. As the use of Gemalto’s software and secure devices increases with the number of people interacting in the digital and wireless world, the company is poised to thrive over the coming years.
We are now seeking a JAAMS System Engineer to join our Personalization Technology team in Atlanta, GA. You should have the ability to handle a fast-paced business environment and work collaboratively under tight deadlines, with a range of positions and levels of authority. You should also possess the qualities of excellent communications skills, organizational talents, efficient, conscientious, and reliable work habits.
The JAAMS Systems Engineer reports to the Systems Engineering Manager as part of the JAAMS System Engineering team, which provides development efforts around JAAMS technology stack. The scope of the JAAMS System Engineering is the US Perso Centers – currently Atlanta, Jacksonville and Rhode Island.
· Provide software requirements and design documents for software engineering projects.
· Provide architecture design documents around tools and technologies within scope.
· Develop programs and components using best practices and methodologies.
· Provide testing plans and validation plans against development efforts.
· Provide software install packages and documentation around install packages for integration teams to install in target environments.
· Assist and direct junior level developers
· Provide timelines and schedules around scoped development efforts.
· Provide level 1,2, and 3 support to for external units as it pertains to issues with JAAMS core software components.
· Utilize source control system to manage changes and releases.
· Work with end-users to detect system issues and scope change requests around those issues
· Fully computer literate with good knowledge of Windows Server environments.
· Mid-level to Advanced level of understanding of RDBMS systems and programming concepts as it relates to SQL/TSQL
· Expert level understanding of Microsoft Development Tools and Technologies
· Expert level understanding of Team Foundation Services
· Expert level understanding of C#.
· Understanding of developing windows server based components.
· Understanding of queue based systems and concepts (Microsoft Message Queue)
· Understanding of cryptography concepts
· Understanding and experience with secure development techniques as it relates to data privacy and security.
· Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
· Good incident assessment skills.
· Good coordination skills.
· Well organized, with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
· Disciplined and able to strictly follow procedures.
· Ability to work on shifts – potentially including nights and weekends.
· Ability to work autonomously on own initiative and as part of a team.
· Strong relationship skills.
Education and Experience
· 4 year degree or equivalent education experience in Information Systems related fields.
· Minimum of 6 years working in a technical role related to application development
· Full understanding of SCRUM concepts and techniques
Additional knowledge/experience is a plus:
· Microsoft Certifications
· Programming languages and skills.
· Project management concepts and techniques
· Masters Level education experience