We’re looking for a motivated leader to manage the Software Support team for a client of ours.
They are a high-growth, innovative company offering industry-leading services, SaaS solutions, and expertise.
"We’re moving fast to disrupt an industry by creating the simplest, most engaging experience for organizations and their candidates. We may sound like a start-up, but we are well-established and financially stable, continuously investing in our talent, cloud-based products, and new technologies. We have great people here, and are looking for more. Come join us – you will love it!"
Manager, Application Support
Your primary focus will be minimizing customer disruptions by ensuring efficient and effective issue resolution, as well as by driving the prevention of issues overall. You will create strong bonds with your team and others across the company. A strong technical foundation and experience in supporting, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale enterprise web systems are the skills that would make this role a perfect fit. Our engineering team promotes flexible culture and places a strong emphasis on utilizing individuals’ unique skills and talents.
- Lead a Technical Application Support team, consisting of a combination of 3rd party partners and internal team members.
- Manage the vendor relationship for 3rd party partners engaged in support for your team
- Lead and prioritize the Technical Support team’s workload.
- Engage with customer-facing teams in gaining an understanding of customer issues and driving towards their quick resolution. Develop and maintain a strong relationship with internal teams to ensure best quality back to customers.
- Be the escalation point for issues that require additional drive towards quick resolution
- Engage in hands-on direct support as needed. Interact with internal teams and external 3rd party vendors to trouble shoot and resolve complex problems.
- Ensure the proactive monitoring of applications and their logs, preventing issues by reporting indicators of their potential existence.
- Regularly engage in sharing insights on service request and issue trends related to an application
- Provide metrics and analysis of trends in customer facing issues, with the goal of shaping and improvingapplication quality and addressing any shortfalls in development processes.
- Provide technical leadership. Promote and ensure knowledge sharing between the engineering and technical support teams so the team members are fully equipped to excel in their role.
- Identify training needs or requirements for yourself individually and for the team. Coach and develop team members
- Learn new products and diagnostic tools, sharing knowledge with others.
- Ensure there are robust procedures and processes within the technical application support function to drive excellence in the team’s performance; drive adoption of such procedures and processes
- Follow appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies (i.e. change control, security and auditing, release, configuration, problem and incident management).
Skills / Knowledge:
- Strong customer service and support focus with a desire to deliver a high quality service
- Self-motivated and highly professional with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Fast learner, energetic and enthusiastic; positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Pro-active in maintaining and increasing the teams and your own technical knowledge
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible to business demands
- Flexible in working outside of core business hours at short-notice
Education & Experience
- BA/BS or Masters in Computer Science or related field – or equivalent experience - required.
- 3+ years’ experience leading technical support teams
- 5+ years’ experience in an hands-on application development and/or support
- Experience leading on-shore & off-shore support teams
- Extensive problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience in providing services to agreed SLA’s
- Experience in vendor management
- Experience with supporting Java applications and an understanding of web
- Experience with an agile development process.