Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
- Ensure lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly treat weeds for weed control, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, spread mulch/woodchips/stones, trim shrubs and hedges, cut down and remove tree limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions, and perform other lawn care services as necessary.
- Inspect irrigation system regularly to ensure it is working properly, repair as needed.
- Pick up trash/debris from common areas and streets on a daily basis.
- Empties common area trash containers as needed.
- Ensure community is presentable at all times and adheres to Sun's curb appeal standards.
- If applicable, maintain community pool(s), testing chemical levels, adjusting appropriately.
- Safely operate vehicles for the purpose of performing job duties.
- Maintain community vehicles and equipment.
- Follow safety procedures while performing duties.
- Report all community maintenance issues and concerns identified while performing daily duties to manager.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
As a Groundskeeper, you must be hard-working, reliable and focused on providing exceptional customer service. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous groundskeeping experience in the apartment or manufactured housing industry, preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general grounds maintenance techniques
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment, and commercial machinery
- Ability to provide legible written reports
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use email and the internet