Highly sought after healthcare organization in Sandy Springs has immediate needs for a Bilingual Front Desk Representatives in a busy clinic that has a high population of Hispanic patients. Responsibilities include:
Communicating with patients, families, physicians, clinical staff, and insurance companies to obtain information and insurance verification to ensure quality patient care and payment of hospital accounts. Collaborates with Appeals department to overturn claims denial. Provides other registration, clerical, and billing support as required, including scheduling, chart creation, charge entry, scanning, and point-of-service collections.
- Certified Patient Account Representative (CPAR) or Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA)
- Knowledge and utilization of patient registration systems, insurance verification systems, and/or Medicaid portals
- 6 months of experience in registration
Please send resume for immediate consideration to Danielle Moreland at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Interviews patients and families to obtain complete and accurate demographic and financial information and ensures all necessary questionnaires and forms are completed according to pre-determined requirements by government or regulatory agencies.
- Enters data into system for registration, billing, patient tracking, charge capture, and reconciliation in a fast, efficient way to minimize patient wait times.
- Confirms insurance coverage and obtains authorizations if applicable.
- Explains regulatory financial requirements to patient or responsible party and collects/posts deposits or deductible amounts as required (for outside clinics, could include ensuring that referring physicians have obtained prior insurance authorization as needed and rescheduling appointments if necessary).
- Assists Appeals department to provide all related information to overturn claims denial if applicable.
- May observe and interact with patients upon check-in and notify clinical staff for immediate intervention if indicated.
- Serves as liaison between patient and department staff by informing patients and families of procedures and delays, answering questions, offering assistance, relaying messages, and other services that patients and families may require.
- Initiates and executes daily medical record maintenance while maintaining patient confidentiality, including creation of patient charts, filing encounter-specific paperwork, and maintaining correspondence via mailing/faxing with patient’s primary care provider and/or specialists as necessary.
- Provides release of medical information as required.
- May initiate and perform administrative duties to ensure efficient daily business operations, including participating in the office/department opening and closing procedures, assisting with maintaining, ordering, and restocking front office supplies, and receiving and distributing mail.
- Schedules patient appointments when needed, including referral from faxes, phones, or other instructions and contacts physician offices to resolve discrepancies.
- Coordinates all aspects of scheduling including procedures, provider visits, and use of resources.
- Attends and participates in department meetings according to department standards and may serve on committees representing the department which could include multi-disciplinary quality and service improvement teams.