Quest Group is a IT Staffing Firm, headquartered in Atlanta, GA. We share a passion for improving the world by connecting IT professionals with meaningful opportunities. This means we are passionate about partnering with you to enhance your career and opportunities, at all levels. To do so, we partner with reputable companies nationwide to present you with contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent employment opportunities. One of these opportunities is described below:
As a Software Developer in Test (SDET), you are an integral part of the client’s Testing Organization’s vision of getting Testers as an active early participant in the development lifecycle as a Test Developer. Ideally you will have the engineering flavor of a Developer with the quality mindset of a Tester. You will influence product design and the testability of new features so we can help provide an awesome experience for our users.
For this position, we’re asking for candidates that exemplify leadership: constant learners who motivate their peers and are self-motivated, who are positive and pragmatic, who communicate and collaborate, who execute technical direction, who take responsibility and ownership, and who are driven by the quality and success of their products.
Your day to day:
- Become a subject matter expert in multiple applications
- Partner with feature developers and other SDETs to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure our production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards
- Partner with team members to ensure we are building testable applications
- Collaborate across teams to drive development of Test Automation Frameworks
- Assist feature developers in stabilizing our code, build and deployments
- Provide guidance across the technology organization to enhance efficiency and consistently deliver our strategic vision.
- Create and modify our automated scenarios by using our Frameworks
- Promote quality within all aspects of development by actively participating in requirements gathering, technical design reviews, etc.
- Create and maintain libraries and object repositories for Automation Frameworks
- Maintain and contribute to development of test stubs, tools to enhance manual test execution
- Partner with the client Testing Community to ensure they have tools for test execution
- Assist in production releases
- Swarm to assist any member on the team to meet our commitments
- Make process and systems improvement recommendations to assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives
- Thrive to understand our industry to become a stronger partner in the team and a better consultant to our partners
- Drive Community of Practice activities
- Investigate new testing technologies and methodologies to expand and improve product test coverage
- Drive continuous integration, recommending approach and technology infrastructure and tools
- Mentor SDETs and Test Engineers to spread adoption of automation strategy and best practices throughout the team.
- Self-directed, as demonstrated by setting effective goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
- Provide leadership, technical direction, training, information and inspiration to team members.
- Participate in Sprint Planning meetings and prepare test strategy for each cycle
- Create test plans and implement test automation where possible
- Track and report test coverage metrics
- Ideate on fundamental test practices for application testing
- Execute test cases and report defects found in the issue tracking system
- Organize and triage defects for developers
- Accurately report out test quality metrics to Manager and scrum
- Support the Business teams in its definition and prioritizing of user stories from the product backlog.
- Estimate the level of effort/story points for the user stories that were selected and prioritized from the product backlog.
- Based on Project team capacity, the level of effort required, and business team’s prioritization, assign selected user stories to testing efforts within the sprints
- Create or modify the test automation java code to automate the testing
- Update the existing automation code repository and associated documentation
- Execute and report the test script results and follow up on any issues found during testing.
- Review of the Feature Files that contain the User Stories and Test Scenarios
- Review of the Gherkin within each Test Scenario
- Creation or Modification of the java methods linked to each Gherkin “When” clause
- Creation or Modification of underlying java methods
- Updates to the code repository and associated documentation related to the automation code
What you bring to the team?
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field or relevant IT experience
- 5+ years test automation development experience in Java, Ruby or the same years of experience in an equivalent Object Oriented language
- In-cycle experience in Test Automation in an Agile environment
- Selenium, Java, JMeter, API testing
- MicroFocus UFT (optional)
- 5+ years of UNIX or Linux shell command experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment best practices and build tools i.e., Rake, Maven and Ant
- Experience with version control tools like Git or SVN
- 3+ Years Experience in writing SQL queries and strong knowledge in relational database structures
- Strong familiarity with SOAP and REST
- Proven expertise in engineering best practices in unit, functional and non-functional testing
- Exposure to NoSQL databases such as Cassandra or CouchDB
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Mentoring on set up and usage of the automation framework. This can include IDE setup, installation of dependencies such as Maven and GIT, branching strategy, page object model overview, most crucial framework features such as data driving, environment switches, and object recognition strategies.