Quest Group is a IT Staffing Firm, headquartered in Atlanta, GA. We share a passion for improving the world by connecting IT professionals with meaningful opportunities. This means we are passionate about partnering with you to enhance your career and opportunities, at all levels. To do so, we partner with reputable companies nationwide to present you with contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent employment opportunities. One of these opportunities is described below:
This includes the management and development of test strategies for functional validation/verification of systems. This person will manage, maintain and enhance comprehensive project and release-based test strategies, test plans, and test cases, as well as identification of process improvements to increase the overall efficiency and test coverage.
Your day to day -
- Work with the program manager and your team of QA engineers to integrate several large complex systems.
- Will need to be hands on and technically involved with the team.
- Align with the business and change direction quickly when priorities change
- Keep the team motivated during intense deliverables
- Provide a strong voice in all phases of engineering- from design to deployment
- Build relationships with associates not tied to our deliverables to socialize or own any impacted integration points
- Stay current with bleeding edge technologies and develop effective strategies to validate applications on these technologies
- Manage SMS QA resources across several releases and parallel projects. Includes forecasting, scheduling, and resource leveling.
- Provide senior level thought and leadership in the area of QA and risk management
- Estimate level of effort against based upon Functional Requirements Documents and Change Requests.
- Continuously streamline and improve the testing life cycle to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting are effective, agile, and coordinated
- Works closely with the PMO, development, production support and business solutions to ensure that the quality objectives of all projects are met within schedule constraints
- Clearly communicates functional test results, concerns, and project status to the management team and other stakeholders in a timely manner
- Champion and advocate product quality throughout the organization
- Influence product requirements and release timelines as needed to ensure quality
- Manage and prioritize QA environment usage
What you bring to the team?
- BS in CS (or equivalent) and a minimum of 10+ years of experience in a QA environment and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Hands on experience with industry leading QA tools including Selenium
- Proven track record in developing high quality test cases and scripts.
- Knowledge of object oriented analysis and design
- In-depth, current expertise and demonstrated experience in all aspects of QA technology
- Expert level experience with QA methodologies and risk-based testing frameworks
- Extensive experience planning, implementing and directing manual test strategies
- Experience with the definition and implementation of manual testing framework and process
- Experience with formal methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, IEEE, SEI-CMM, RUP, etc.), standards, best practices, processes and/or procedures