Quest Group is a IT Staffing Firm, headquartered in Atlanta, GA. We share a passion for improving the world by connecting IT professionals with meaningful opportunities. This means we are passionate about partnering with you to enhance your career and opportunities, at all levels. To do so, we partner with reputable companies nationwide to present you with contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent employment opportunities. One of these opportunities is described below:
Description: As a QA/SIT (System Integration Test) Lead Engineer, the selected candidate will be a major contributor to the success of Video Platform Services initiatives on the MSS Video Reliability Engineering Team. This role is heavily focused on Quality Assurance, Reliability and Performance aspects of Video Platform Service applications.
For the Quality Assurance part of this role, the selected candidate will be responsible for the creation and verification of platform regression tests for all applications under the VPS/CP umbrella. Automation of test cases will be a primary focus of the work in this area. For SIT (System Integration Test) the selected candidate will design a SIT lab with both ground and cloud based system components. The goal of SIT is to verify interoperability between systems prior to new release promotion into production.
For performance testing, the selected candidate will be very familiar with using load stress testing tools to evaluate system performance under severe loads. The selected candidate will need to be able to identify user usage profiles and to automate testing of the applications using both cloud and ground based tooling.
- Creation of QA test plans that cover a large majority of system functionality.
- Work with the development team to understand and document system APIs.
- Establish QA entrance and exit criteria.
- Automation of QA and SIT tests. The vast majority of testing should be push button operations. A minor number of test cases may need to be run manually, but 100% automation is desired.
- Build out and manage a complete SIT (System Integration Test) environment for VPS/CP applications.
- Identification of inter-application dependencies.
- Management of application versions within the SIT environment.
- Creation of a standard set of test cases to determine if application interoperability has been maintained between releases.
- Construction of a SIT environment using Cloud and Ground resources. This environment must model production perfectly.
- Analyze user usage patterns and API call patterns in order to build out a performance test plan that will be used to verify system robustness.
- Construction of a Performance environment using cloud and ground resources where tools like Blazemeter and other performance tools can be used to properly measure system robustness.
- Establish schedules for system entrance into QA/SIT and Performance.
- Collaborate with developers, architects and business analysts in order to understand how all of the applications work and how they are used.
- Provide 3rd tier support for production applications along with the rest of the team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge of Unix/Linux systems.
- Expert knowledge of Java, Python and other similar programming languages.
- Expert knowledge of shell level tools and built-in functions.
- Extensive experience with load stress testing tools like Blazemeter, Locust, etc…
- Extensive experience with constructing test cases and execution plans.
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernettes and virtual environments.
- Working knowledge of AWS managed systems and facilities.
- Working knowledge of Networking fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of storage clusters (CEPH, S3, SAN, etc…)
- Familiarity with video transcoding, packaging and delivery.
- Change Management system experience (Git, Monday, Jira, etc…)
- Strong experience with agile (SCRUM) development methodologies, CI/CD.
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Must be a highly motivated self starter who is not afraid to dive into the source code for the answers.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.